Flower show season is in full swing, with a large number of shows taking place over the county throughout the summer. Visit or tune in to watch the coverage on the T.V and gain inspirational ideas for your garden.
The best nurseries/horticultural groups create beautiful gardens at these shows to show off their plants and garden designs. You will see all types of gardens including, water gardens, architectural gardens, cottage style, small space gardens and large elaborate designs. Whatever your preferred style you will be able to get some good ideas. You will also have the chance to see some unusual plants and others all at their best.
- RHS Chelsea Flower show took place on 23/05/2017-27/05/2017
- RHS Chatsworth Flower Show 06/06/2017-10/06/2017
- RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show 22/06/2017-24/06/2017
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show 03/07/2017-08/07/2017
- RHS Sumer Urban Garden Show 11/07/2017-12/07/2017
- RHS Flower Show Tatton Park 18/07/2017-22/07/2017
- RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show 02/08/2017-05/08/2017
- RHS Rosemoor Flower Show 17/08/2017-19/08/2017
- RHS Garden Wisley Flower Show 04/09/2017-09/09/2017
- Malvern Autumn Show 22/09/2017-23/09/2017
- RHS Harvest Festival 02/10/2017-03/10/2017
- RHS Autumn Garden Show Late/Lawrence Hall 23/10/2017
- RHS Autumn Garden Show/Lindley Hall 24/10/2017-25/10/2017
In past years I have worked at most of these shows which has given me some great inspiration for my creative designs for flower beds, herbaceous boarders and gardens in general.
In Bloom competitions.
Run by the RHS, Britain In Bloom is a nationwide campaign to encourage communities come together. With more and more towns and cities taking part in the ‘In Bloom’ competitions everyone has an opportunity to get involved in improving the areas they in live. There are three main areas in which participants are assessed on;
- Horticultural achievement
- Community participation
- Environmental responsibility
Entering the competition with Truro City Council and judging other areas I am always amazed and delighted to see such community spirit and real pride of place so many people have for their local communities.
For more information about the competitions and how you can get involved visit www.rhs.org.uk/communities/campaigns/britain-in-bloom
Below are some pictures of our flower displays that were previously entered into the ‘In Bloom’ competitions.